Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sweet Surprises!

Since my surprise appendectomy on Monday, I've been holed up in the house, on the couch, medicated and resting.  I realize that my health is bigger than my job, than my drive to get things done. And for the first few days, all I could do was rest, but now that I'm on the mend, I'm getting antsy.

Physically I'm in way better shape now than I was five days ago, although I still can't stand up all the way without my incisions on my stomach or the muscles in my back hurting, and I still can't lift anything too heavy.  But mentally I'm starting to break down a bit!  Indy's been a fabulous nurse, waiting on me hand and foot, but eventually he had to get back to his own normal routine of class and student teaching, and that left me alone for 6, 8, some times 10 hours of the day!  I had lots of check-in phone calls from family and friends, and even a few visits from my sister and my nephew, but after answering the same questions, or describing the same scenarios for the 100th time, it gets old.  I needed some change! Something fun!

Today I was awoken from a nap with a two quick knocks on the door.  At first, I panicked for a minute thinking, "I'm in my pajamas! I can't answer that!"  I just sat on the couch for a bit and waited.  Nothing.  That was the all-clear I needed.  Since we moved to our new apartment in May, I picked up on our UPS delivery guy's style- no doorbell ringing, no waiting for a signature, instead he always knocks twice in rapid succession, then leaves the package on the doorstep.

When I was sure he'd gone, I opened the door and found a huge package from "Shari's Berries."

My initial reaction was, "Huh? He's got the wrong apartment..."  I definitely didn't order anything from "Shari's Berries," and Indy is pretty good about sharing his online orders with me. (In fact, he's quite paranoid that some little punks will also catch wind of our UPS delivery guy's style and swipe our stuff when we're not home.)

I took it inside, double checked the address, and when I realized it was sent to me, personally, I ripped that baby open.

What did I find?

via.

Not one, but TWO sets of the cutest freaking cake pops I've ever seen!  Indy's best friend and his wife (whom I've become very close with over the last 6 years, and can now call one of my best friends) send me two sets of these "Get Well Soon"chocolate cake/vanilla iced pops with a note reading, "Everyone knows you can't heal properly without some sweets! Get well soon!"

How adorable?!  I was so genuinely surprised I actually teared up a little!  They could not have come at a better time, and let me tell you, the are delicious!  They lifted my spirits and made me feel so loved.

I'm definitely saving "Shari's Berries" as a go-to for the up-coming holidays.  They do all kinds of beautiful sweet treats- and not just cake pops!  They do all types of dipped fruits, cookies, pretzels, and candy.  Even chocolate-dipped cheesecake!  They do cupcakes, truffles, even sugar-free treats.  Baked goods and baskets galore!  So many ways to send an up-lifting treat with a personal touch.  I can't wait to enjoy these babies over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment